Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Applicability of Other Policies
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Disclosures of Information
Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
APPLICABILITY OF OTHER POLICIES
NOTICE OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of different situations, including but not limited to, through the mail and/or over the telephone. More specifically, in the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California Business Contacts, which will depend on the particular business purpose for which we collect it:
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Tax ID number, Social Security number, or other similar identifiers.|
|California Customer Records.||A name, signature, Social Security number, or, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, or any other financial information.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age, race, national origin, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), or information relating to veteran or military status.|
|Commercial information.||Purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Sensory data.||Audio information (such as call recordings).|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current employer, job title.|
LSC Communications obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms or surveys you complete or services we provide you, or when you communicate with us about our ongoing business relationship.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our emails, among other things.
- Third parties. For example, third party partners and other vendor contacts may give us information about you.
USE OF INFORMATION
When you engage with us as a Business Contact, we use or disclose your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. If we seek to or do engage you as a vendor, contractor, provider, or other business relation, we use your information to communicate about our potential, current, or former business relationship;
- Verify your information and complete your reference and/or background checks (where applicable);
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or account with us;
- Process your requests or transactions and prevent transactional fraud;
- Provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our systems, services, databases, other technology assets, and business;
- Enable processing for legitimate business interests and internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of business contacts;
- Cooperate with law enforcement investigations and comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, and governmental requests;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages, and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of LSC Communications and others;
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LSC Communications’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LSC Communications about our Consumers is among the assets transferred;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers.||Service Providers, Accounting Service Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Providers.|
|California Customer Records.||Service Providers, Accounting Service Providers.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Service Providers, Accounting Service Providers.|
|Commercial information.||Service Providers, Accounting Service Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity.||IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Sensory data.||IT and Security Service Providers.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Accounting Service Providers, Legal Service Providers, IT and Security Service Providers.|
SALES AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell” or “share.” “Sale,” for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have disclosed personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, while “sharing” means we have disclosed information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising. In the preceding twelve (12) months, LSC Communications has not sold or shared your personal information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request correction of your personal information, (3) request deletion of your personal information, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling 844-572-5720 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please call 844-572-5720.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
LSC Communications Corporate
4101 Winfield Road
Warrenville, IL 60555